1st Shift Mold Maker
Hudson, NH | Full time
Leddy Group is seeking candidates for a Mold Maker in Hudson, NH. This is an exciting long term, permanent opportunity.
The successful candidate would be responsible for constructing, reworking, maintaining, and repairing molds with minimal supervision. This candidate should be able to operate most tool room machinery and have the ability to work self-paced to meet timelines and can think through issues with minimal instruction. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below, which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Specific requirements of the Mold Maker:
- Assemble and dis-assemble molds; analyze and solve basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems, etc.
- Assemble, repair, inspect, clean and polish molds.
- Understand the operation of an injection mold. Recommend manufacturing methods, support / assist in mold design
- Layout, fabricate and assemble molds while planning the machine tooling and fixtures required by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specification.
- Use a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Set up and operate machines in tool room – CNC mills machining centers, EDM wire and Ram/Sinkers, lathe, Bridgeport’s / Prototraks, and grinders.
- Program CNC equipment using SurfCam CAM software. Training is available for the right candidate.
- Analyze solid models mold designs for dimensions and for use during the manufacturing process.
- Perform mold changes & modifications with minimal supervision.
- Perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Solve problems relating to unusual material, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process.
- Monitor and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives
- Troubleshooting of minor problems with tooling and production.
To apply, please call Leddy Group at 603-666-4051, email Bedford@leddygroup.com or visit www.leddygroup.com.