Proctor, VT | Full time
Leddy Group is looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our client's 100% employee-owned company In Proctor, VT. This position is responsible for payable and receivable accounts, ensuring that invoices and payments are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed.
Summary of Duties
- Maintain vendor file records and transactions
- Prepare deposits, enter cash receipts, and process credit card payments
- Enter payables transactions
- Generate and mail checks
- Research and resolve vendor/customer inquiries or payment discrepancies via telephone and written correspondence (email)
- Input records into electronic (paperless) filing system
- Communicate with multiple divisions and management regarding receivers and purchases
- Assist in month / annual period closings
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have broad knowledge in accounting processes and procedures, including debits/credits, accounting codes, and financial statements. Experience with multi-company transactions is preferred. Previous inventory and credit/collections experience are a plus.
Strong communication skills, high attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to work independently and meet deadlines are required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (excel spreadsheets) and computerized accounting software.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 802-786-2222 or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.