Accounts Payable Associate
Bedford, NH | Full time
Leddy Group is seeking candidates to fulfill an Accounts Payable Associate in Bedford, NH.
Responsible for Accounts Payable for the Company. Applies strong organizational skills to prioritize tasks and ensure timely workflow. Uses PC computer skills in a network-based automated accounting environment. Employs effective communication skills in supporting other departments and in interacting with vendors.
- Responsible for the processing, vouchering and posting of vendor invoices into the accounts payable system.
- Responsible for the processing of the weekly A/P check runs, including matching checks to invoices.
- Responsible for maintaining all invoices after the invoices have been paid prior to being sent out for scanning, ensuring that all documentation is submitted for offsite scanning.
- Prepares all checks and related backup for signoff; including manual checks as required.
- Reconciles vendor statements to account balances and reconciles the subsidiary ledger to the general ledger. Determines which vendors and the related invoices should be paid in order to take advantage of cash discounts. Prints all checks and makes copies of them to attach to backup.
- Responsible for collecting, reviewing, and entering employee expense reports for re-imbursement through payroll (done bi-weekly).
- Assists other departments in researching discrepancies, etc.
- Resolves all vendor inquiries.
- Reviews and challenges all invoices that appear unusual (excessive freight charges, one-time set-up fees, etc.). Monitors and researches the unvouchered account to ensure that items are cleared timely.
- Prepares all monthly accruals for invoices received after month end.
- At each quarter and year-end, ensures that a proper cutoff is achieved so that the general ledger is properly updated.
- Responsible for the applicable portion of the monthly and quarterly report pack.
- Responsible for reconciliation of various General Ledger accounts.
- Responsible for the preparation of appropriate documentation as required by J-Sox.
- Must be able to provide coverage for Accounts Receivable if required.
- Provides assistance to the cost accountant
- Other duties as assigned.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent plus 5 years experience; A.S. plus 3 years experience
- Proficient in Windows-based PC software packages including Excel and Word, etc.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work independently
- Attention to detail
To apply, please call Leddy Group at 603-666-4051, email Bedford@leddygroup.com or visit www.leddygroup.com.