Accounts Receivable Specialist
Bedford, NH | Full time
Leddy Group is currently seeking candidates to fulfill an Accounts Receivable Associate in Bedford, NH!
- Prepares all customer invoices and ensures timely mailing daily.
- Applies all cash payments to the proper accounts daily.
- Monitors payment status of all accounts and calls customers regarding past due balances daily.
- Prepares approved credit memos.
- Reviews customer account balances and researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Monitors credit limits to ensure appropriateness and to minimize exposure to company.
- Resolves customer inquiries timely.
- Assists in the tracking, updating, and filing of customers’ resales certificates.
- Responsible for filing of customer invoices.
- Responsible for auditing daily shipments.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of the performance report daily.
- Responsible for the preparation of appropriate documentation as required by J-Sox.
- Releases and manages sales order per Accounting policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meets level I requirements.
- Monitors credit limits to ensure appropriateness and to minimize exposure to the Company.
- Responsible for the preparation of all weekly and monthly reports.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
- Performs credit research on new customers and recommends appropriate terms for customer.
- Determines when customers should be placed on credit hold; when product should subsequently be released; and new payment terms assigned, if a change is necessary.
- At each month, quarter and year-end, ensures that a proper cutoff is achieved so that revenue and related accounts are properly recognized and recorded.
- Responsible for the applicable portion of the monthly and quarterly reporting packages.
- Responsible for reconciliation of various General Ledger accounts as required.
- Must be able to provide coverage for Accounts Receivable Associate, if required.
- Preparation of CA sales and use tax filing.
- Responsible for the integrity of resale certificates.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of AR Agings, Bad Debt Reserve, and Customer Deposits.
- Assesses Accounts Receivable processes and procedures for areas of improvement.
- Releases and manages sales orders per Accounting policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent plus 5 years experience; A.S. plus 3 years experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Incoterms.
- Proficient in Windows-based PC software packages including Excel and Word, etc.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work independently
- Attention to detail
Experience with Oracle business software
To apply, please call Leddy Group at 603-666-4051, email Bedford@leddygroup.com or visit our website at www.leddygroup.com.