Salisbury, MA | Full time
Currently seeking a candidate who can assemble equipment using blueprint specifications and parts lists. Interested candidates should be able to lift up to 50 pounds and sit or stand for the entire 8 hour shift. This is a first shift position from 6am-2:30pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch. This position does require the candidate to pass a pre-employment drug screen. This position does require the use and knowledge of hand tools and is physical in nature as the position requires crouching and kneeling at times.
Responsibilities of the Assembler:
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
Requirements of the Assembler:
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for the entire shift
- Prior experience in assembly
- Ability to work in fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
The compensation for this position is $14/hour.