CNC Machinist Programmer
Hudson, NH | Full time
Leddy Group is currently seeking candidates for a CNC Machinist Programmer role in Hudson, NH. This is an exciting long term, permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
The successful candidate would be responsible for programming, sets ups and operating CNC machining centers utilizing CAM software to generate machine code to cut to print or geometry specifications. Candidate should be able to work with a minimal amount of supervision and be able to setup and program multiple machining centers.
This candidate should be able to operate most machinery and have the ability to work self-paced to meet timelines and can think through issues with minimal instruction. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the requirements listed below, which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Creates and or reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine best setup procedure, machining sequence, and quality requirements.
- Notifies CNC Supervisor of discrepancies and or challenges.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, or insert cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Basic familiarity with machine controls including Fanuc, Haas and Heidenhain and the ability to import and run programs from a database.
- Monitors machine operations for program optimization.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specification, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, gauges, and Renishaw probe on the CNC machining centers.
- Adjusts machine feeds and speeds, and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications.
- Machines materials other than metal, such as composites, plastic, and rubber.
- Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control charts. Documents results on proper inspection forms.
- Analyzes drawing, sketches, and design data of parts, tools, gages, molds, dies and fixtures to determine dimension and configuration of cuts.
- Prepares instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Compares encoded computer printout with original program sheet to assure accuracy of machine instructions.
- Revises program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Communicates with CNC Supervisor and team members to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- The candidate will be responsible for running a variety of machining centers such as; 5 axis, 3 axis and mill turning centers.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Training and Experience: Between two and four years of trade school, vocational education, and five to seven years of work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have detailed knowledge of CAD/CAM systems such as SurfCam, MasterCam, HyperMill and Partmaker Lathe software. The ability to modify G code is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively among employees for organizational reasons.
To apply, please call Leddy Group at 603-666-4051, email Bedford@leddygroup.com or visit our website at www.leddygroup.com.