Composite Inspector (2nd or 3rd Shift)
Rochester, NH | Full time
Composites Inspector - 2nd & 3rd shift positions available
An aerospace company in Rochester, NH that is dedicated to the production of 3D woven composite parts. This facility is ultra-modern and the company is unique to our area as their other locations are internationally based.
Responsibilities of the Composite Inspector:
The role of Composite Inspector will require inspecting and testing composite aerospace parts for conformance to applicable specifications at various stages of the production process. Work will be accomplished using precision measuring and testing equipment, such as a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM). This position reports to a Production Supervisor and also works closely with the CMM Engineer and the Quality Department.
Qualifications of the Composite Inspector:
- CMM measuring equipment experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) is beneficial.
- Requires good math skills.
- Requires the ability to perform in a high quality standard environment.
- Requires the ability to use precision measurement equipment such as verniers, calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Basic mechanical skills, knowledge of metric system a plus.
- Experience with non-conformity tracking required.
- Basic to Intermediate computer skills particularly MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and importing photos from a digital camera.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must comply with all Environmental, Health & Safety requirements.
- Experience with Lean practices strongly preferred.
- Confidence in decision making.
- High concentration skills.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- High school diploma or high school equivalency required – Associates degree in a technical specialty preferred.
- No less than two years in a manufacturing environment, in an inspection role preferred. Successful completion of relevant coursework in an accredited advanced manufacturing program may be substituted for experience in a manufacturing setting.
2nd Shift hours: 3:15pm-11:15pm - Pay $15.75/hour plus 2nd shift differential
3rd Shift hours: 11:15pm-7:15pm - Pay $15.75/hour plus 3rd shift differential
To apply for this position, please email Seascost@LeddyGroup.com, call 603-749-4810 or apply online at www.leddygroup.com. All applicants will be contacted within 24 business hours for an employment prescreen.