Amherst, NH | Full time
Leddy Group is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Assembler in Amherst, NH. This role works in a dynamic work environment, requiring flexibility to shift priorities to work on a variety of tasks (assemble mechanical products, prepare/solder components on PCB’s, perform testing and programming of PCB’s, etc.) with an eye towards quality and continuous improvement.
Previous Education/Experience :
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
- Knowledge of/ability to identify electronic components
- Soldering experience (SMT/IPC): minimum of 2 years
- Usage of Hand Tools
- Mechanical Assembly
- Familiarity with electronic assembly diagrams and written work instructions
Required Skills/Competencies :
- IPC Solder Certification [preferred]
- Fine pitch, SMT soldering skills
- Attention to detail
- Focus on quality
- Sense of urgency and the ability to propose improvements to processes or product to continuously improve quality and profitability.
- Must be able to identify colors to meet wiring requirements.
- Team Player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to be able to work in team environment within a diverse group.
- The ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions, and use hand tools is also required.
- Knowledge of, and ability to follow, company ISO and ESD procedures is required.
- Must be able to stand, bend, sit, lift (max 40 lb.), use hands/arms to install wiring and components, and reach as needed to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Review and understand work instructions prior to initiating work.
- Assemble electro-mechanical kits as required using work instructions and/or as directed by process engineering.
- Ensure that fabrication, machining and assembly of mechanical parts to be used as part of the final product are in compliance with company quality standards.
- Identify and report problems which effect the fabrication of Finished Goods product(s).
- Inspect previous work, as well as own, to ensure quality meets established standards.
- Comply with ISO 9000 Standards in all work activities as well as following ESD Procedures.
- Assist in proper completion of assigned daily paperwork for final assembly.
- Comply with company safety standards.
- Accept directions and other assignments from the Line Leader or Production Manager as required.
- Perform other duties as required or as directed by management.
Accountability and Reporting :
- This position reports to the Production Manager.
This is a full-time position paying $14-16/hour.
To apply for this position, please email Bedford@leddygroup.com, call 603-666-4051 or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.